- My wife, Annette and I live in Lino Lakes. We have two grown children.
- When not serving as your Senator, I serve others in the financial services industry.
- I am an active member of South Shore Trinity Lutheran Church in White Bear Lake.
- I am a Board Member of Life Prep Academy.
- I graduated from Metropolitan State University with a B.S. in Accounting.
- I am a veteran of the U.S. Navy & Army National Guard.
- I serve as the Chair of the Senate Tax Committee and also serve on the Senate Education and Commerce Committees.
There are competing visions for our state – one puts people first, the other puts government first. I deeply believe in putting people first, because I trust the liberating power of the human spirit. My vision says you should have the freedom to create value in your life.
I will continue to put your needs first, not the needs of a far-reaching government bureaucracy. We must let individuals regain control of their lives and expand opportunities for success. Government should work to serve you, not the other way around.
In the end it’s about your life, your choices and your dreams. My job is to safeguard those things for you, to make it easier, to give everyone a fair shot at living, choosing and pursuing their dreams.